Cronin acted fast to protect the health and safety of our 70-person team, transitioning to remote work by mid-March.
By May, it was clear that we needed to invest through COVID. We are a creative agency and our business thrives on collaboration. Yet we also knew from workforce surveys that we had a responsibility to make the environment super safe. We completely renovated our offices, implementing a ton of new safety measures (see below) so we could come back even stronger. After our successful mid-summer offsite, held at a Connecticut vineyard, leadership agreed to come back together in the Fall. I’m pleased to announce that we reopened in September in a hybrid mode. Cronin is thrilled to be back in our new space, our energy is good, the quality of our work for clients continues to be world-class, and we are on-boarding new clients. In 2020, we welcomed Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health (a large hospital system), Dunkin’ Brands, The State of Connecticut Governor’s Office, and Soapbox Soaps as new clients. We look forward to helping your business achieve its growth objectives. Special thanks to our team that facilitated the reopening, including our own Katharine Laban, Dan Gallo, and Janika Morales.
- Workplace COVID policy & behavioral guidelines in place
- Mask protocol in place at all times
- 100% fresh air from outside; HEPA air filters in all common areas
- Available PPE – hand sanitizer, facial masks
- Office renovation – soft sided surfaces removed, hardwood floors
- Socially distanced workspaces and partitions
- Daily cleaning and weekly deep-cleaning
- Continued ability to call in/Zoom in for meetings
- Daily check-in procedure with temperature checks for employees and visitors
- New outdoor collaboration spaces created